PULSE Recruiting and Partnership Associate – PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experience) – Pittsburgh, PA
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. PULSE invites talented university graduates to partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits for a year of service and leadership. PULSE is seeking a high-energy individual to assist with recruiting and partnership support for a small-sized nonprofit organization as it grows.
Position Summary: PULSE Recruiting and Partnership Associate assists in the organization’s consistent, high-quality execution of its recruiting and partnership efforts. Associate reports directly to the Recruiting and Partnership Coordinator. In addition, Recruiting and Partnership Associate will play an active role in staff meetings and develop their understanding of the nonprofit sector in Pittsburgh. This position is an unpaid internship, 10-15 hrs./week from late May (ideal) – August (can be extended into the school year if helpful) with a unique opportunity to play a vital role in a dynamic, vibrant nonprofit with a track record of success, proven impact model, strong mission, staff and board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruiting and Partnership
- Prepare recruitment materials, write and post PULSE positions on online job boards, advertise and strategically market PULSE to, with and through customers.
- Build applicant sources and quality relationships by researching internal customers (i.e., PULSE participants and alumni) and external customers (i.e., University faculty and staff and other secondary providers)
- Assist with programmatic and administrative support for the recruiting and onboarding process of incoming PULSE fellows.
- Assist with the nonprofit partner application process, including the PULSE Nonprofit Partner Match event.
- Create materials for PULSE orientation ensuring a smooth transition for incoming PULSE fellows.
- Benchmark recruiting programs of like-minded organizations.
- Provide additional support to Recruiting and Partnership Coordinator as needed.
- Advise Recruiting and Partnership Coordinator on recruitment and selection best practices for university graduates and nonprofit organizations.
Position Requirements and Qualification
- Passion and commitment to the mission and values of PULSE
- Good spokesperson and representative of PULSE
- College student
- Located in Pittsburgh and able to serve out of office in Garfield
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Google Products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prove organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- Strong attention to detail
TO APPLY – Interested individuals should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 14, 2017. Interviews will either be on-site or via Skype will take place May 15-19th with an ideal start date in late May and completion in August. This is an unpaid internship.