PULSE Operations Associate – PULSE (Pittsburgh Urban Leadership Service Experience) – Pittsburgh, PA
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. PULSE invites talented university graduates to partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits for a year of service and leadership. PULSE is seeking high-energy individuals to assist with recruiting support for a small-sized nonprofit organization as it grows.
Position Summary: PULSE Operations Associate assists in the organization’s consistent, high-quality execution of its recruiting, partnership, marketing, and program efforts. Associate reports directly to Operations and Partnership Director. In addition, Operations Associate will play an active role in staff meetings and develop their understanding of the nonprofit sector in Pittsburgh. This position is an unpaid internship, 10-15 hrs./week from January – May (can be extended) with a unique opportunity to play a vital role in a dynamic, vibrant nonprofit with a track record of success, proven impact model, strong mission, staff and board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare recruitment materials, write and post PULSE positions on online job boards, advertise and strategically market PULSE to, with and through customers.
• Build applicant sources and quality relationships by researching internal customers (i.e., PULSE participants and alumni) and external customers (i.e., University faculty and staff and other secondary providers)
• Assist with programmatic and administrative support for the recruiting and onboarding process of incoming PULSE fellows.
• Provide additional support to Recruiting and Program Coordinator as needed.
• Prepare nonprofit partner materials, make presentations, write and post PULSE partner opportunities on online job boards, advertise and strategically market PULSE to, with and through customers.
• Build nonprofit partner sources and quality relationships by researching and contacting internal customers (i.e., current/past PULSE nonprofit partners, PULSE participants and alumni) and external customers (i.e., intermediary nonprofits, interest-based nonprofit cohorts and foundations)
• Assist with programmatic and administrative support for the recruiting and onboarding process of incoming PULSE nonprofit partners.
• Provide additional support to Operations and Partnership Director as needed.
• Assist with marketing activities that support Recruiting, Partnership, Development, Outreach, etc. , such as:
o Social media post creation, scheduling
o Website updates
o Print material creation
• Provide additional support to Marketing and Program Coordinator as needed.
Position Requirements and Qualification
• Passion and commitment to the mission and values of PULSE
• Good spokesperson and representative of PULSE
• College student
• Located in Pittsburgh and able to serve out of office in Garfield
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Google Products
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prove organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong attention to detail
TO APPLY – Interested individuals should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 3, 2019. Interviews will either be on-site or via Google Hangout will take place in November with an ideal start date in January and completion in May. This is an unpaid internship.