WHO IS PULSE?
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. We invite talented university graduates to partner with local nonprofits for a year of service and leadership.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- SERVE with a Nonprofit – We partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits. Nonprofit partners receive a talented, university graduate to serve the organization while fellows receive experience and skill development.
- LIVE in Community – We cultivate community by having our fellows live together. They share meals, household tasks, and life together. As a result, they grow and develop as individuals and as a group and you have someone who is more connected and committed to your organization and Pittsburgh.
- GROW as a Leader – We train and equip our fellows to become servant leaders in Pittsburgh. We provide regular personal and professional development to give them the support they need to succeed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A PULSE FELLOW?
- Hard-working – dedicated young adults with lots of energy committed to your mission.
- University graduate – all our fellows have an undergraduate degree.
- Diverse talent/skill set – from admin to arcGIS, graphic design to community organizing, arts to tree planting, our fellows have a wide variety of experiences and background to match your organizational needs.
WHERE DO PULSE FELLOWS SERVE?
Fellows serve in a wide variety of different nonprofits, ranging from the arts to community development, from social services to environmental, from education to advocacy. We work with accepted fellows to identify a good fit for the fellows and our partner organizations. Since 1994, we’ve partnered with close to 200 different nonprofit partners.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DETAILS OF PULSE?
- Eleven month position, 35 hrs/week, from early September to late July (can be extended).
- PULSE conducts a weekly seminar that further develops each fellow to succeed.
- Nonprofit Partners contract with PULSE, contributing a monthly stipend to PULSE. There are no employer taxes, health insurance, etc, a significant savings to a full time employee.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
Applications are due June 24th, 2021 at 5pm for the 2021-2022 Program Year. However, applications may be submitted at any time. Apply Now. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.