WHO IS PULSE?
PULSE helps increase the capacity of local nonprofits by connecting people with passion to organizations with purpose. We invite talented university graduates and other young professionals to partner with local nonprofits for a year of service and leadership.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- SERVE with a Nonprofit – We partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits. Nonprofit partners receive a talented, university graduate to serve the organization while fellows receive experience and skill development.
- LIVE in Community – We cultivate community by having our fellows live together. They share meals, household tasks, and life together. As a result, they grow and develop as individuals and as a group and you have someone who is more connected and committed to your organization and Pittsburgh.
- GROW as a Leader – We train and equip our fellows to become servant leaders in Pittsburgh. We provide regular personal and professional development to give them the support they need to succeed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A PULSE FELLOW?
- Hard-working – dedicated young adults with lots of energy committed to your mission.
- University graduate – all our fellows have an undergraduate degree.
- Diverse talent/skill set – from admin to arcGIS, graphic design to community organizing, arts to tree planting, our fellows have a wide variety of experiences and background to match your organizational needs.
WHERE DO PULSE FELLOWS SERVE?
Fellows serve in a wide variety of different nonprofits, ranging from the arts to community development, from social services to environmental, from education to advocacy. We work with accepted fellows to identify a good fit for the fellows and our partner organizations. Since 1994, we’ve partnered with close to 200 different nonprofit partners.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DETAILS OF PULSE?
- Eleven month position, 35 hrs/week, from early September to late July (can be extended).
- PULSE conducts a weekly seminar that further develops each fellow to succeed.
- Nonprofit Partners contract with PULSE, contributing a monthly stipend to PULSE. There are no employer taxes, health insurance, etc, a significant savings to a full time employee.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
Applications are due June 22nd, 2023 at 5pm for the 2023-2024 Program Year. However, applications may be submitted at any time. Apply Now. Please email email@example.com, if you have any questions.