WHO IS PULSE?
PULSE cultivates a community of young servant leaders to transform Pittsburgh. We invite talented university graduates to partner with local nonprofits for a year of service and leadership.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- SERVE with a Nonprofit – We partner with Pittsburgh nonprofits. Nonprofit partners receive a talented, university graduate to serve the organization while fellows receive experience and skill development.
- LIVE in Community – We cultivate community by having our fellows live together. They share meals, household tasks, and life together. As a result, they grow and develop as individuals and as a group and you have someone who is more connected and committed to your organization and Pittsburgh.
- GROW as a Leader – We train and equip our fellows to become servant leaders in Pittsburgh. We provide regular personal and professional development to give them the support they need to succeed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM A PULSE FELLOW?
- Hard-working – dedicated young adults with lots of energy committed to your mission.
- University graduate – all our fellows have an undergraduate degree.
- Diverse talent/skill set – from admin to arcGIS, graphic design to community organizing, arts to tree planting, our fellows have a wide variety of experiences and background to match your organizational needs.
WHERE DO PULSE FELLOWS SERVE?
Fellows serve in a wide variety of different nonprofits, ranging from the arts to community development, from social services to environmental, from education to advocacy. We work with accepted fellows to identify a good fit for the fellows and our partner organizations. Over the past 25 years, we’ve partnered with over 175 different nonprofit partners.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DETAILS OF PULSE?
- Eleven month position, 35 hrs/week, from early September to late July (can be extended).
- PULSE conducts a weekly seminar that further develops each fellow to succeed.
- Nonprofit Partners contract with PULSE, contributing a monthly stipend to PULSE. There are no employer taxes, health insurance, etc, a significant savings to a full time employee.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
Attend an upcoming PULSE Prospective Nonprofit Partner Info Session or fill out our online Nonprofit Partner Interest Form and Jonnett Maurer, Operations and Partnership Director, will follow up with you. We are flexible and would love to work with you to meet your organizational and staffing needs. If you have any questions, please contact Jonnett Maurer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-361-0124.
Nonprofit Partner applications are due June 25th, 2020 at 5pm for the 2020-2021 Program Year. However, applications may be submitted at any time. Please email Jonnett Maurer, Operations and Partnership Director, email@example.com, if you have any questions.